We have brought some cool features to Anki experienced users in Kindle Mate 1.36. Check out the change logs for the detailed information.
We also have received feedbacks and verified that today Windows Defender with the latest virus and malware definitions (version: 188.8.131.52) SOMEHOW reports Kindle Mate 1.35 binary containing Trojan:Win32/Maltule.C!cl. After looking into it, we still have no clear clues what the latest Windows Defender definition has updated and what caused the positive, despite of all the clean reports of VirusTotal and Virscan engines against Kindle Mate 1.35.
Kindle Mate is a simple and clean tool to help you have more fun of reading and learning with your Kindle, and nothing else! We take this seriously.
It’s still recommended you update to Kindle Mate 1.36 for new features and security concerns, which has been scanned and tested by VirusTotal and Virscan and Windows Defender!
+ Added ‘Category Folder’ feature to categorize and manage Clippings Books, Authors and Vocabulary Books in folders.(Ctrl+N)
You may use this feature to organize and export your books or authors on different purposes, eg, to create folders like [SPANISH BOOKS] or [HARRY PORTER SERIES] etc.
+ Extend Content Edit feature to Clippings, Notes, Word Usages and Definitions.
* Adjusted and reorganized system and context menus and some layouts for better experience.
– Administrator privilege used to run Kindle Mate is no longer required.
+ More languages support
* Other known bugs fixes and performance improvements
<Clipping management changes>
+ Added an option to merge relevant clipping and note into a single record when exporting.(Options-Clippings Copy/Export Format-Merge Content)
+ Added support to export clippings into Word with book index and navigation.
+ Significantly improved importing and syncing performance on large clippings(5000+)
<Vocabulary management changes>
+ Added support of local dictionary files in Manage Word Definitions. Now you can add definitions for your Kindle vocabulary words using desired dictionaries.
Build or convert your own dictionary files:
Simply convert some dictionaries or save your excel files to tab-separated text file and copy to the folder [Kindle Mate Main Folder]dicts. Usage: word and definition each line, separated by tab (recommended) / semicolon / comma / space. Use <br> for new line.
Try this sample: Oxford English Dictionary(Open)
+ Added Shanbay Bilingual(en-en, en-cn) and Wiktionary (20 target languages, beta) in Dictionary Source.
* Word data is no longer required when exporting vocabulary words. (You could export stem only when needed.
+ Added an option to switch usage scope (across books or only for the selected book view)
– Fixed the word book export issue. Now when exporting a word book into a text or excel file, usages of other books are excluded.
* Improved Anki export file compatibility.
* Importing the file exported by Kindle Mate into Anki might fail due to some unpaired marks. The issued is addressed and fixed.